Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi...don't know about the Flowmaster 40s...but, I pulled the stock rear muffler off my 2012 Wrangler (2-door) the first week I had it...and put on a more or less 'stock' MagnaFlow...nothing special...it is a 'general purpose' highflow / straight-through stainless-steel unit that weighs about 1/2 the OEM muffer and is smaller...I left the middle muffler on for now...but the Jeep has a MUCH nicer sound to it...pretty much the stock sound at idle (maybe a little more deep-sounding)...but when you add throttle, it's got a great, slightly raspy growl...and if you 'tromp' on it (not that I ever do!!!!)...It really WAILS...I've scared off some pretty high-buck competition from 'trying me again' at the next light (after I've surprised them the first time!)...
Funny how a better sounding exhaust keeps the riff-raff from challenging the authority of a Jeep...!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
...Oh...and I tried a lot of 'aftermarket' exhaust companies...some really well-known...and they didn't have a lot to offer...most claimed that the same 'cat-back' kits offered for the old 3.8 would be just fine for the new PentaStar...

I didn't bite.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...Oh...and I tried a lot of 'aftermarket' exhaust companies...some really well-known...and they didn't have a lot to offer...most claimed that the same 'cat-back' kits offered for the old 3.8 would be just fine for the new PentaStar...

I didn't bite.
thanks a lot for the feed back! aight imma go with the flowmaster!:punk:

·
Registered
916 Posts
HEY SaharA guy,,

Lets see some pics , pricing, and where you got it at. I really want that garbage can muffler off my JK!!

Also how was install,, I know those rubber hangs are a bytch to remove,, any tricks besides willing it off???

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Would be sweet if it sounded as good as it does on my '08

Great muffler, when installed right, otherwise you can get "DRONE", but

I don't know about the Dynamax/Gibson/Monroe/Magnaflow, but

The Flowmaster 40 cat-back is PRIMO

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JIMBOX said:

Juuuust woke up! Starting my installation ASAP muhahahaha

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JIMBOX said:
:D Good--remember-I said you have to install it right, or you can get "DRONE"--

Don't just stickit in the same spot as the stocker !

Good luck

Care to elaborate how to install it right? I seriously thought that all I need to do is just slip it on

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love my new Flowmaster put on today, not a 40 but their axel back system with a Super 50 muffler. Stainless steel, sounds great, mild but when you step on it, good tunes. Certainly not as loud as my custom Mini or the Alfa I have but definitely no droning and worth it. Smaller and will not be hang up off road. Cost the same as a fabricated 40 muffler at a exhaust shop.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: evidentally you were in such a rush, that you didn't have time to read the question bobo-had earlier-

Care to elaborate how to install it right? I seriously thought that all I need to do is just slip it on
You didn't have to roll it just for us. :eek:
I merely answered his question--do you have any questions ??

--JIMBO

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

u were right, welding was needed. :punk:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts