Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
sounds good. yours is the first flowmaster i've heard that sounds the same as mine. all of the other clips i hear are canny and tinny. i heard one of the super 40 and it sounds real real canny reving up. i've only heard one other 40 series clip that sounded similar to mine.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
sounds good. yours is one of the first flowmaster i've heard that sounds the same as mine. all of the other clips i hear are canny and tinny. i heard one of the super 40 and it sounds real real canny reving up. i've only heard one other 40 series clip that sounded similar to mine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks BigJeep It sounds deeper when you first start it up.It brang a smile to me face when I first heard it:D Where did you post your vid Bigjeep I would like to see it.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Thanks BigJeep It sounds deeper when you first start it up.It brang a smile to me face when I first heard it:D
yeah i know what you mean. it gets quieter after you start it up not long after its been driven. but you wait a while when it hasn't been driven in a few hours and it sounds the best! :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RedWrangX Try this Go to google click on the video tab.In the search tab type Flowmaster on a tj You should get 2 results my first attempt at the vid and my smartty pants sons vid.His is better I have to admit. But I wont tell em that:rolleyes:
Rudy

·
Registered
668 Posts
Very nice, I just ordered my flowmaster catback system last night...

Now is that with a cat or without one?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Very nice, I just ordered my flowmaster catback system last night...

Now is that with a cat or without one?
It's from the cat back.So the original cat is still there. I was going to buy the banks cat back exhaust on Quadratec $264.99 plus shipping.I stopped at a local meineke and asked about the flowmaster.The guy told me $280 installed So I went that route and happy i did.Good luck with yours

Rudy

Just remember this have someone else start it up for you when you finish installing it.(you'll have a big ole Kool-Aid :D when you first hear it start it up)

If you can post a short vid of the outcome

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yeah man, flowmaster is the way to go.... I like doing most of the work on my own, I bought a flomaster muffler for $50 and a new OEM tail pipe for $20... I'm debating on wether to take the cat off or leave it.... I will throw it back on for emissions test, but im not sure if it will be worth doing that or not, I'll most likely leave it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Check it out....It say Member under my name.:D

I'm not a NEWB YEA BABY.....

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Here's a clip that my son shot while I was sleeping.It's a short video of my 2000 sahara with the Flowmaster 40 series.

I've had this video for a while and your vid has inspired me to finally post it! This is my second flowmaster for my 2000 TJ. The first was a 40 with 2.5" pipe, I didn't like the loss of backpressure, so after a couple of years I went with the 50 and 2.25" pipe. Stock cat and header. I do run a cold air intake by Airaid and a TB spacer by Helix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rggPXqTKcEU

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've had this video for a while and your vid has inspired me to finally post it! This is my second flowmaster for my 2000 TJ. The first was a 40 with 2.5" pipe, I didn't like the loss of backpressure, so after a couple of years I went with the 50 and 2.25" pipe. Stock cat and header. I do run a cold air intake by Airaid and a TB spacer by Helix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rggPXqTKcEU
It sounds a little different than my set up but all in all it sounds great.Did you really notice any difference when you went with cold air intake by Airaid and a TB spacer by Helix.Just by adding the Flowmaster I did notice a little more pep.
Rudy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts