Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I installed the flowmaster outlaw axle back exhaust on my JLUR. I am regretting every thing about it. The drone in the interior is absolutely awful. Around 2k-3k RPM the noise in the interior is unbearable. I’m considering putting the stock muffler back on, but just the fact that I spent $500 on this exhaust system is disappointing. I’ve been reading that a away to kill the drone is to instal a resonator. Does anyone recommend any solutions to eliminate the drone? Are there any options that I could do ? I appreciate any help and feed back.
Thank you

·
Retired Moderator
104,219 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
With any engine in a Wrangler, other than a V8, one is best off to stick with the stock muffler.

·
Registered
8,910 Posts
Welcome from Arizona.

·
Registered
2010 JK
449 Posts
I had one (you can see my post about it)

There is NO fixing the drone. Call your seller and ask them to arrange an RMA - Flowmaster won't be any help. It is doable, since 4 Wheel Parts was able to do it for me. I got a full refund.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Hello everyone,
I installed the flowmaster outlaw axle back exhaust on my JLUR. I am regretting every thing about it. The drone in the interior is absolutely awful. Around 2k-3k RPM the noise in the interior is unbearable. I’m considering putting the stock muffler back on, but just the fact that I spent $500 on this exhaust system is disappointing. I’ve been reading that a away to kill the drone is to instal a resonator. Does anyone recommend any solutions to eliminate the drone? Are there any options that I could do ? I appreciate any help and feed back.
Thank you
I'd take it off or get yourself a good set of earplugs. Don't do what I did and drive around for five+ years with the Flowmaster drone. Although I already ruined my hearing beforehand due to loud exhaust, I think that Flowmaster is what made my tinnitus much much worse.

The damage is irreversible and there's no cure.

Think about a constant 4000Hz sinewave test tone... that's what I hear in both ears 24/7.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
There's a reason they call them Dronemaster mufflers!

Reactions: Keon
1 - 6 of 6 Posts