Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner question... When the heat is turned up, is it normal for the temperature to fluctuate? It goes back and forth from hot to warm constantly. Is this how cabin temp is controlled? 2015 Unlimited Sport.

·
Registered
581 Posts
ATC or standard system? The ATC is unstable, especially in heat mode when it's really cold, or AC when it's really hot. The sensor is slow to respond, and the heater blows too close to the sensor, fooling it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
On top of all that a JK Coolant temps can swing 20 degrees in 30 seconds. That will have an impact on the temp of your heater core. Sometimes my heat is so hot it feels like a blow torch. Sometimes it is not...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your responses. I'm also learning how to use a forum so I apologize if I'm not doing it right!

My JK has a manual transmission. Stumblinhorse: it's doing what you have described. I love how fast it heats up... hopefully it's the same when it gets really cold.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Thank you all for your responses. I'm also learning how to use a forum so I apologize if I'm not doing it right!

My JK has a manual transmission. Stumblinhorse: it's doing what you have described. I love how fast it heats up... hopefully it's the same when it gets really cold.

Thanks again.
It heats up really fast in the winter :)! But it also really heats up fast in the summer :(! It will shoot up in stop and go traffic, rock crawling, off road.

But what you are seeing is normal for a jk. Swings in the heater temp, I notice the same thing. Sometimes so hot I can't stand it other times it is comfortable to have the heat all the way up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts