Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if anyone has installed a flush mount back up camera? i have an alpine iva-w200 head unit that supports a camera, but i was just wondering where people have put a flush mounted camera on their jeeps? if you could post pictures that would be awesome! thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
PecosRiver said:
I'd be interested too. The one installed on my Kenwood is mounted to the license plate bracket.
Which kenwood did you get dnx6160 ? at cruthcfield ?comes with a free back up camera thAt mounts on the plate
I am looking for feedback on the 6160 in a wrangler if you have any to offer

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd also be interested in a flush mount back up cam. I came across a thread awhile ago about it, but haven't been able to find it again. I just picked up the DNX7160 and am waiting to have it installed in my 2011 Sport.

Really want the back up cam because I worry about kids running behind the Jeep.

·
Ugly Supporting Member
1,546 Posts
I was thinking of trying to adapt the cam I have to view through one of the bold holes of my spare, but with a flat it would probably be a pain.

Not sure which Kenwood I have, but I wish I had spent the extra for the Mopar nav system. It's OK, but the Mopar unit is far superior.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm currently looking at this one on Amazon. I like the image overlay feature although I don't know how accurate it would be. I also can not tell if it has the fish eye lens or not.

I want to put it here, but I don't know how difficult it would be to cut the hole and run the wire. The simple answer is to run it through the trailer hitch, but I'd rather have a permanent solution.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i was just wondering if anyone has installed a flush mount back up camera? i have an alpine iva-w200 head unit that supports a camera, but i was just wondering where people have put a flush mounted camera on their jeeps? if you could post pictures that would be awesome! thanks!
If you get it figured out I want to do a flush mount in the front so I have trail vids!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tmclaugh....i was thinking of putting it there also, there isnt really a great place to install it so that the hitch is in sight...i'd rather drill into the plastic bumper then anywhere else, so that spot might be the winner

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Wrangler, can you take a pic of your install? I'm told my 7160 won't fit because it is a double din, and everything I'm reading says it won't work without learning some fiberglass fabbing (cause I can't pay for it). I'm going to try and return the 7160 now and am going to get an AVH-P5200BT with nav kit.

Kinda sucks because the 7160 was tax free with free shipping through AAFES. Oh well.

I'm just ordered this cam. There is another one left and it has the overlay and the fisheye view. If the night vision really sucks then that's a project for some LED fun and learning.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had to cut a piece of metal out of the dash to get it to go in, which was really easy and took about 5 minutes....without doing that it wouldnt have fit in. but overall it looks pretty good and works well.... ill post a pic later today

1 - 11 of 11 Posts