Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Has anyone seen any flush mount round tail lights? I like the recessed look but I dont want the LED.Any links or suggestions would be appreciated.

Rudy

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have you thought about flush mounting the stock tail lights? I was looking at the round ones myself. Later I saw some stock tail lights that had been flush mounted. They looked pretty darn good. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where did you see that bluesman?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the stock lights looks pretty good also.Thanks
Rudy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi All
Has anyone seen any flush mount round tail lights? I like the recessed look but I dont want the LED.Any links or suggestions would be appreciated.

Rudy
those are easy to find. just about any auto parts store, truck stop, or wallyworld. i used them on my old yj. used a 4" hole saw to cut body.;)

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
I love the flush mounted stock lights. Those are prety snazzy looking. So you cut the tub with a regular saw?
You can cut it with a variety of different tools. When guys do round LED's they usually use a hole saw to do it. You could use a cut off wheel, a dremmel tool, a plasma cutter (although that would be rather messy) etc...

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I've been thinking of putting in some LED ones myself since my original YJ tail lights have seen better days. I figured if I gotta replace 'em,might as well do an upgrade. Not to mention, to upgrade is less expensive.

Anybody got any tips and pics?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
i like the look of round LED's a lot better. and you can get 2 for $52 including the wiring.
I've found 'em for half that, but I don't know how good they would look or if they would be bright enough.

I'm guessin' they have to be DOT approved to be legal, not that I really care though.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I've found 'em for half that, but I don't know how good they would look or if they would be bright enough.

I'm guessin' they have to be DOT approved to be legal, not that I really care though.
please share the link :)

either way $52 is still real cheap. if you won't post the link up then send it to me in a PM. i don't think the LED's include a back up light though. i don't know how you would solve this. i've also heard something about license plate illumination (?)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
My license plate doesn't have a light anyway...

I don't have a link. I found them locally at a local place that sells 'em. I have seen them for a lot less on Ebay from time to time too. I've been pricin 'em for a few months, but I really want to get a good idea of what they look like in action before I start cuttin' holes in the jeep.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive noticed a truck backing up this morning about 5 a.m. and he had a set of red and a set of white LED's they were very bright.I'm of to autozone soon to see what they have.

Rudy

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
i put round LEDs on mine. i got em for ~$60 shipped on ebay. i can finds the store if anyone is interested. i did not use a hole saw becasue the doggone saw (not counting the center) was $40. :flipoff: that. so, i measured 13 times and then took a jigsaw to it . you had to come at a couple differnet angles but it wasnt bad at all. i used bullet connectors to connect the lights and drilled a self tapping screw inside for the ground. it was pretty easy, and they look 3000 times better than my old sun rotted busted stockers.

i can take a pic tommorrow if anyone wants to see them.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts

Those are nice! Or you can wire up a regular trailer license plate light, however you wanna do it.... I donno what the law is exactly her ein Arizona, but the plate has to be visible, can't be blocked by a big 'ol tire, and has to be at least 22" off the ground. The cops never said anything about it being lighted.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts