Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rancho Bumper on my Jeep. I included a picture for reference. Along the front bumper there are two holes (there are also two on the side). I want to put fog lights / bright lights in these holes. The holes are 2.5 inches wide - nothing behind them - bumper is about 1/4 inch thick steel. Not really wanting to weld anything in place.

Need your ideas and comments.

I noticed this light - seems REALLY cool, but it is not big enough:

Product Details

I like the idea of having a light that you put in the front and tighten up the back with a bezel type of configuration.

My stock fog lights are too big, but the wiring is available. It is my intent to splice the stock wiring for the fog lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's a rather small opening for most driving light diameters....

I have a set of Hella Optilux 2500's, they are bright, but they need a 4" hole. Most of the lights that I've seen are similar in diameter.

Is there a mounting place behind the bumper?

One thing that I know for sure....the stock headlights aren't enough....lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing behind the bumper. I figured there was something out there that was useable.

Delta has a light bar for the back - about a foot long and three inches wide. I figured there were some small lights that would work. Based on the lack of comments - not too much out there!!!

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I was trying to figure out were to mount mine once I get my new stubby bumper. I seen someone who had theirs mounted on what looked like the edge of the bumper in front of the winch. It turns out they make a two light bracket that mounts between the bumper and the roller fairlead.

Example of a ROC DOG Fab Off Road Fairlead Light Bracket

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
You might be able to rig these bad boys in there. You'd need to also rig a harness/relay to power them since they'd draw more power than OE. But they have a great foglight spread and are very good lights.
Rallylights could make the harness for you, of course.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments, I would like something flush mount 1 for protection and 2 for more of a steamline look.

I was looking at the delta light bar, they do have a cool one for the front that has rock lights on the side, fog lights, driving lights, front camera, and front parking sensors. I'm thinking I may bite the bullet and go for that.

Combo-Scout Ground Light Bar by Delta and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH1

However, to do that, the I may have to lock pic the my gig radio, which is another $200. I would like to just by the lights in the delta bar - they look like they will be a good fit for my bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts