Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Flushing Heater Core

13K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Notserp_3 
#1 ·
The old TJ heater core is not pumping out too much heat nowadays. Anyone have any tips for flushing the core??

#3 ·
could be but temp gauge is reading 210 ...

#5 ·
Heater Core Flush DIY w/ photos - JeepForum.com

I wouldn't do the CLR flush like someone discussed in the thread. I would buy the prestone heater core flush kit.
Thanks for the link. I did mine today because the heat was just barely warm. I used plain water from the hose, and alot of brown junk came out. I can't beleive the difference in heat !!!!:dance: It will actually roast you now. Just what I needed before it got too cold.

#6 ·
flushed mine today too, just with clear hose water .....now Its blowing about 140 degree warm air..awesome....also replaced the blower resistor so it actually blows on all speeds too ... here is a pic of how I set up the flush to keep things from getting very messy..easy and only took a few minutes..

one heater hose connected to the garden hose and the other one to a hose that drains to a pail or container ..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.