Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gutter Mesh in the grill, Truck Bed Liner-ed the inserts first.

Painted the muffler and exhaust tip black.
this was stupid easy, took 20 minutes. Wiped the muffler down with de-greaser and then paint thinner, then painted it with engine paint.

And my favorite.

Installed buttons for my garage door opener in the windshield horizontal trim piece.
I used a multi-meter to figure out which points on the circuit board were the contacts for the buttons on my opener and wired those to the 2 switches for my 2 garage doors.
I hardwired the opener's batter circuit to the cigarette lighter circuit using a 5V - voltage reducer from Radio Shack since the opener used 2 3 Volt batters = 6 volts, (better under powered than over powered, and radio shack didn't have anything in between 5 and 12v).
Also since this is on my radio circuit, if i have the top off and its in the driveway no one can get in to my garage without the key being turned on.
*hard to tell from the angle of the picture but the buttons line up with the jeep grille logo on the windshield.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Far outside of that i've also added Power Windows and Locks, and Sahara 18's.
My Bestop HighRock Bumper should be here today and i'll post that up when i get it.

Next mod i'm thinking is a 2.5"-3" Terraflex lift

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Great start! I love the garage door idea.

Slick!

You should take pictures and explain what your doing.
I would love to learn how you did the garage doors.
Cool idea.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great start! I love the garage door idea.

Slick!

You should take pictures and explain what your doing.
I would love to learn how you did the garage doors.
Cool idea.
THANKS!

I was going to do a write up but I got the idea from another thread so I thought It would be redundant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts