Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently in the daytime with the headlight switch set to "Auto", the fog lamps are off, regardless of the fog lamp switch. I think my JK would look pretty slick if the fog lamps were on all the time, but not the headlights or ambers during the day. I'd like to figure out how to wire it up so that the fog lamp pull switch on the stalk still controlled the fog lamps while the switch is in "Auto" mode, the same way they work when the parking lights or headlights are on.

I don't want to leave the headlight switch in the parking lights or "On" position because this dims the dashboard lights and, let's be honest, I'll forget to turn them back off. No big deal that the switch mechanically returns to off when the headlight switch is in the "Off" position.

If that doesn't work, alternatively I would not mind enabling daytime running lights using a flashcal, but does anyone know if this enables the fog lamps while in the "Auto" position?

Thanks all. :)

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
That could get you a ticket here in SC but you would have to check your state laws.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. Maybe I shall pick up a Procal. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You could also just wire your fogs to a toggle switch in the cab then you could flip them on or off whenever you please. I currently have a set of DOT/SEA rigids in my bumper wired to my Spod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts