Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
stop, drop, & let's roll
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 sport with factory fog lamps. They were working fine before I installed a suspension lift, now they don't work. I have the switch that is on the end of the headlight/turn signal handle. The light on the dash comes on when I pull the switch on, but no lights!!

Things I have tried:
checked fuse
changed relay
made sure brights aren't on (seems obvious, but it was actually a suggestion on another forum)
checked grounds

I posted this on another forum and mostly got "check ground" and "fog lamps wont work with high beams on" as their suggestion. Someone did suggest rabbit hunting the whole circuit, but I want to make that last resort.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
341 Posts
when I lifted my 99 I pulled the connectors out of the KC lights. The wires were long enough before the jeep was lifted. But I had them secured so well with zip ties, that when I lifted - -it unplugged the connectors. Maybe you have same issue?

·
Registered
26 Posts
check around the parts in your suspension that were changed/added, and look for a pinched wire, idk know where the wiring runs, but since they worked before, and don't work after it seems like something around your suspension is the likely culprit

·
stop, drop, & let's roll
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, its either a coincidence that they quit working after the lift, or the lift is the prob. I will spend the next day or so checking it out with a volt tester. Thanks for the intelligent suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts