Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fog light removal
My name is Ron. I am a new member here. I tried to install new fog lights on my 2014 wrangler sahara, but there is a plastic cover behind the bumper that seems to have 2 screws holding it on, but I can't get the screws out. They are philips head screws. they turn, but won't come out. Does anybody know how to take this panel off. Can't get the light housing out without removing this panel.
Thank you all for your help in advance.
Ron

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Hey Ron, I don't know about that panel since mine came with fogs, but you may consider removing the bumper since it's really easy. You have to remove the bottom plastic wind deflector and the top plastic trim panel. You can actually remove the bumper without removing the top plastic panel, but it's a lot easier since that panel just has two plastic retainers. The retainers on the top panel are plastic phillip screw type and the bottom retainers are plastic pop off type. The bumper has four bolts on each side of the frame and then it comes off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SEE that.. Great minds think alike.. That is what I ended up doing. Was very easy, and made putting in the lights so much easier than lying on your back, trying to get between the frame. Thank you for getting back to me. The KC headlights and foglights are fantastic. What a great improvement from the stock lights. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
SEE that.. Great minds think alike.. That is what I ended up doing. Was very easy, and made putting in the lights so much easier than lying on your back, trying to get between the frame. Thank you for getting back to me. The KC headlights and foglights are fantastic. What a great improvement from the stock lights. Thanks again.
It was very easy. I had to remove it to install my tow base plate. In case you need it, the torque is 66.5 ft. lbs. for the eight support bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts