Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The right side fog light bulb has died on my 2011 JK. I can't believe that you can't get a replacement bulb in an auto parts store! I found the bulbs on Amazon. What is the deal with these bulbs?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Had the same problem, seems that no other auto maker uses that type of bulb, so there is not enough demand for it.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Yep, it is sort of an odd size bulb that nobody else uses. I think the best price is on Amazon anyway.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a 2010, I think they are the same bulb. NO ONE carried them. Parts stores had them for older, and newer Jeeps at reasonable prices, but not for my 2010. I ordered 2 from the local Jeep dealer 2 years ago. I went ahead and replaced both and kept the older one that was still working as a spare. Forget the price but they were high.

The good news, if you use the lights the way they were meant to be used, which is rarely, they will last for a very long time. I see lots of folks running fog lights all the time when they don't need to be on.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 2010, I think they are the same bulb. NO ONE carried them. Parts stores had them for older, and newer Jeeps at reasonable prices, but not for my 2010. I ordered 2 from the local Jeep dealer 2 years ago. I went ahead and replaced both and kept the older one that was still working as a spare. Forget the price but they were high.

The good news, if you use the lights the way they were meant to be used, which is rarely, they will last for a very long time. I see lots of folks running fog lights all the time when they don't need to be on.
It is because the headlights suck on my 2010. Pisses me off like nothing else because i have a night job. Gotta use the fogs. Note: my dashcam needs all the light it can get to record what is going on.

And there is no way in hell am I spending $300+ on a new special headlight system.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Are those LED's compatible with the JKs' aren't they too high wattage for the wiring.
If not how do you like them so far.
Sorry, Took me forever to check the forum! I still have these LED lights and their still going strong! No, they're not too high wattage for my 2021 JK. I even use my fogs as DRL with AEV procal settings without any flickers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You can get the 16-SMD (surface mount diode) light sets for $20 on eBay. Money well spent, flicker or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts