Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Curious to see if anyone would be able to tell me if this switch would work in my 02 TJ Sport W/ Fog lights. My current switch is worn and i cant turn my fog lights off, so its time to replace it.

Activant Cover-to-Cover

Here is the closest part i can find at Pep Boys (as much as i hate them, i ended up with a gift certificate from them). Its $60 compared to the $220 the dealership wants. If anyone knows if this one will work id greatly appreciate input. Thanks a lot.

Chuck

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
That switch should work fine, the OEM number listed to the left is the correct one.

Somewhere on here a member did a write-up on fixing that issue instead of replacing it, i'll see if I can find it later and post for you.

Heres the post on how to fix it, if youd rather do that and buy something else
Fog lights wont shut off

If you decide to replace it heres a writeup on doing that if you need help. Dont forget to swap the relay from the old switch to the new or your turn signals wont work
Switch on backorder

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot man. I was worried because the dealership gave me a part number that was very similar but had "ad" at the end instead of "ac"

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
the only difference was the "ac" to "ad"? That happens when the part supercedes to a new number as they use the same part in multiple years and have to update the catalogs. The switch started out as an "aa"

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh. Lol. Thank you very much for guidin this noob to victory. Putting it in tomorrow. Hope it goes well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hardermods said:
. Dont forget to swap the relay from the old switch to the new or your turn signals wont work
Switch on backorder
So i failed to listen to this advice and now my signals don't work. The walkthrough I used didn't tell me anything about the old relay Switch :(

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to do it in the morning. I also installed my Adj front trac bar, so on top of running out to grab that damn T10 torx I had several other things going on with the jeep. I appreciate your help tho! Next time I'll fully read all instructions, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts