Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm trying to replace my fog-lights and I can't get the front skid plate off. The screws holding it in place will spin but they won't come out. Any suggestions?
(2011 Jeep Wrangler - Sport)

Mike

·
Registered
185 Posts
Use a small flat screwdriver or putty knife and pop the push pins out. Then when you get done with light work, just throw the junk skid thing away. Mines been gone for seven years with no effect. And I can make over 20 mpg with 4.88 gears and stock 32 tires so no effect on gas mileage. :drinks:

·
Registered
185 Posts
And I have a 2 door 11 auto with the mighty 3.8 and it never uses a drop of oil and I’m at 35 K plus’s miles. And I make 2,300 mile runs at 80 mph at about 2,800 rpm. Use Mobil one 5-30 since new every 5K. The only thing wrong with the 3.8 4 speed autos is they all are vastly undergeared. At least 4.88 with stock tires, 5.13 or 5.38 with anything bigger. I wouldn’t want to go any bigger then a 33 inch tire with my 4.88 gears, which I won’t. When a eco boost Ford Bronco comes out, my Jeep May be gone, and it drive and runs perfect and has never been back to a shop for anything. :beerme:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Never removed it from my 08. I only changed bulbs though, are you replacing entire unit? If you do have to remove it, you may find yourself drilling out the plastic screw. I had to with my 12. No amount of prying was popping the little buggers out in two locations.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not meant to "screw" out really, just pull it out then pull the base that the pin goes into. You`ll get it after doing one.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Never removed it from my 08. I only changed bulbs though, are you replacing entire unit? If you do have to remove it, you may find yourself drilling out the plastic screw. I had to with my 12. No amount of prying was popping the little buggers out in two locations.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
remember where theres a will theres usually a way...thats what the pannel poppers are good at ;)

anyways I need to get under my JK and see about removing the plastic panel (if its even there still) also....uuug

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
also another option that might be worth considering is take off the grill and the little plastic piece right in front of the grill and there you go, access from above to the fogs, reach in and either unscrew the assys and replace with what you want, or pop new bulbs in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts