Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to see what everyone says out there on fog light up grades for a 2010. I have looked at a bunch of different options but I was to see what you guys say would be the best for on and off road use.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Off road fog lights?

What is best on road for supplemental lighting in rain and fog isn't going to be optimal for off road use. Likewise, DOT approved fog lighting isn't great for off road use in some instances.

If you use your fog lights most of the time on road, go with DOT approved lights. If you rarely do and want to see off road, go with LED lighting from Rigid or an equivalent company.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the rigids are very bright but I don't want to piss other drivers off. I want something that is going to be an improvement to the 24w fog lights.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I think the solution is to install real auxiliary fog/driving lights on brackets, bumper, light bar, etc. As for messing with the factory fogs in the stock location... I've read that it's kind of tricky in fit and the low wattage available is a problem. Be careful what you do if you are running them on the street.

I put 55w KC 5" fogs on for $119. Not dot approved (that I can see) but they don't blind anyone (running both Low beams & Fogs). Also put the KC H4 headlight kit $109 in and they improved my night driving...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think I'm going to get these from Speaker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts