Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all -

I'm looking to upgrade my fog lights on my 75th AE JKU. I have the for lights that match my new headlights. I have the brackets.

My question is there any instructions / hints or install for helping me switch out the fog lights.

Thank you,

John

·
Registered
361 Posts
Unplug, Unbolt, remove, install new, bolt it, plug in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a set of those Rubitrux brackets and XPrite fogs with Halos that I just took off my ride after a month. Santa brought me a set of VisionX Optima lights that I like better. Happy to sell them to you for cheaper than retail. All you'll need is the anti-flicker harness. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Forgot to say that you'll want to remove the ends of your bumper to get to the fog-lights. Trust me.. it'll make things much easier. Also no need to cut or splice your factory harness. The anti-flicker has the plug&pray connection that just needs taped together for 'sticktuitiveness'.

I liked the stubby bumper look so much I haven't put the ends back on.

If you're looking for the halo look and need switched power, I went with the Quadratec power tap the dash power plug and ran a couple lines tucked in a wire loom forward through the door plug, along the back of the engine compartment and down the driver side. One line to the lights for halo switched power and another stopped at the washer reservoir for my future SPOD.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Forgot to say that you'll want to remove the ends of your bumper to get to the fog-lights. Trust me.. it'll make things much easier.
Not needed at all- I did both of mine in under fifteen minutes with the end-caps in place. Just turn the wheel to give yourself some extra working room.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a set of those Rubitrux brackets and XPrite fogs with Halos that I just took off my ride after a month. Santa brought me a set of VisionX Optima lights that I like better. Happy to sell them to you for cheaper than retail. All you'll need is the anti-flicker harness. PM me if interested.
Santa brought me matching halo headlights and fog with the bracket too :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all - I like the look of the shorty bumper but was out voted by my bride (who this is her dream car ) and my 14 year old son

1 - 9 of 9 Posts