Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced my fog lights with a light bar in the bumper. I ran the light bar to the fog light wiring so I can control it with the fog light switch. For off road use I would like to be able to run the light bar with the high beam to put out more light. Is there a fix to this? I have been looking through the forum and can't find where it has been done.
(The photo is the light bar in the bumper that has replaced the fog lights.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
On TJ's you could pull the fog light relay and remove the tab that would respond to the high beam and turn off the fog lights. Did that mod to my 05. I don't know if you would throw the canbus into a tizzy if you did that with the relay in a JK.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Dude sweet mod! Do you have a tuner/programmer? I'm able to change this feature, as well as many others, with my Flashpaq. Now my fogs stay on when I put my brights on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude sweet mod! Do you have a tuner/programmer? I'm able to change this feature, as well as many others, with my Flashpaq. Now my fogs stay on when I put my brights on.
Was hoping not to need a tuner yet until I re-gear when I go to 37s. Looking for a cheaper fix in the mean time. Don't really want to buy a tuner just for that feature.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
go with a flashcal instead of a flashpaq then...
the tuner will not blow your skirt up anyway :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is cool to have a way to keep your fogs on for low and high...But I have always wondered if there was a way to simply have your fogs come on, when you switch to "high". Really just opposite of how it is from the factory. Any ideas? (In a newer JK)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts