Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Jeep Wrangler X. I have not been able to turn on the fog lights since I bought it. I try to pull out the end of the turn signal and I am not able to get it to pull out. Any ideas or do I need to purchase a new lever for the turn signal and fog lights? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have turned the headlights on and made sure the brights were not on. The switch will not pull out from the stem no matter what I do. I have made sure they are wired and not just fog lights for show. Not sure if the switch is jammed or what not.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Did you buy your Jeep used? My 08 X didn't come with fog lights, but the previous owner installed the bumper and fog lights, but never wired them in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did buy it used. I looked at the bumper and it appears to be wired in. Is there a way to tell if it is stock or aftermarket? Or to tell if it is functional or not?

·
Registered
366 Posts
That I can't help you with. My lights were completely unhooked when I crawled under my jeep and it was obvious. The wires were hacked off about an inch behind each light. I ended up replacing the bumper and putting some aftermarket lights run through a rocker switch.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Is there a separate switch that the owner added? i.e. stock headlight switch without foglights and a separate switch for the fog lights somewhere on the dash, under the dash etc?

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
On the light switch stalk it shows you that the fog light switch is on the end. If you don't see this indication on the switch then your X did not come with the factory harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts