Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't drive my JK too much at night, but I just noticed that with the headlights on (auto on), when I go turn the fog lights on, the fog lights are initially a little bit brighter for about 1/2 a second.

Anyone else?

I can also manually turn the headlights off, and turn on just the fog lights. Not sure if they all can do that or if it's a function of the traildash that allows for that.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Using them without headlights is normal.
The momentary brightness is normal if you have the newer ones --- not normal if you have the halogen 9145 bulbs though.

The foglights on the JK are ample to the task and do what a genuine foglight should do. They let you creep along in heavy fog and find the lines in the road.
Don't use them for normal driving at speed. The extra foreground illumination constricts your pupils and you lose a portion of distant & peripheral vision.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the stalk you pull the fog lights on with the parking lights on. One more turn to the full headlight position.
Thanks for the reply, but why are you posting instructions on how to use them.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Using them without headlights is normal.
The momentary brightness is normal if you have the newer ones --- not normal if you have the halogen 9145 bulbs though.
Most cars I've had will not let you turn the fog lights on without having the headlights on. I guess I could tune back to stock to see if that option goes away.

Thanks for verifying that the momentary brightness is normal. Like I said, I have never noticed it before due to lack of night time driving and didn't know if it was due to the plethora of electronic options I've installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts