Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fog lights on my 2011 JKU sahara both went out at about a 1 year old, I thought it was odd but went to auto-zone anyway to buy new ones..... I was then told by auto zone that the dealer is the only one who carries the fog lights for the 2011 bc they changed the socket for the bulb and noone else carries them yet, go to the dealer each bulb is something like 58.95/pc I needed two, I was frustrated bought the bulbs and left, now three weeks later I can not for the life of me figure out how to change them out, I searched everywhere(this forum, YouTube,google) and have came up with nothing........ Anyone? It would be greatly appreciated

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
So my fog lights on my 2011 JKU sahara both went out at about a 1 year old, I thought it was odd but went to auto-zone anyway to buy new ones..... I was then told by auto zone that the dealer is the only one who carries the fog lights for the 2011 bc they changed the socket for the bulb and noone else carries them yet, go to the dealer each bulb is something like 58.95/pc I needed two, I was frustrated bought the bulbs and left, now three weeks later I can not for the life of me figure out how to change them out, I searched everywhere(this forum, YouTube,google) and have came up with nothing........ Anyone? It would be greatly appreciated
Shouldn't the dealer replace them under warranty?

Warranty booklet says:

2.1 Basic Limited Warranty
A. Who Is Covered?
You are covered by the Basic Limited Warranty if
you are a purchaser for use of the vehicle.
B. What’s Covered
The Basic Limited Warranty covers the cost of all
parts and labor needed to repair any item on your
vehicle when it left the manufacturing plant that is
defective in material, workmanship or factory
preparation. There is no list of covered parts since the
only exception are tires and Unwired headphones.
You
pay nothing for these repairs. These warranty repairs or
adjustments — including all parts and labor connected
with them — will be made by your dealer at no charge,
using new or remanufactured parts.

Edit: Well, I could have read a little farther in the warranty fine print and found that they consider bulbs a 'maintanance item' and thus, they are NOT covered.....

Dang, thought I had a solution for ya', but, it looks like your on the hook....

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well I found out the bulbs were expensive when I was in for scheduled maintainance and decided to pick up the bulbs for spare. I new they were dealer only, but didn't know the price. I asked for 2, but they only had one. When he told me the price, I said I was just looking for the bulb, not the whole housing. he smiled and explained itto me. Well, I bought it, but decided to look for the earlier housing ('07-'09) for the cheaper, more widely availible buld. I found a pair on ebay (2 actually. One was a yellow lensed aftermarket one) I swapped them in (OE for now, still deciding if I like the yellow ones) and haven't looked back since.

As far as changing the bulb, I think you can get to the bulb from underneath the bumper. Or you can just pop off the while plastic cover and get to it that way. It's been a while. I swapped out my OE bumoers for Mopar steel bumpers a while ago.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
each bulb is something like 58.95/pc
decided to look for the earlier housing ('07-'09) for the cheaper, more widely availible buld. I found a pair on ebay (2 actually. One was a yellow lensed aftermarket one) I swapped them in (OE for now, still deciding if I like the yellow ones) and haven't looked back since.
:eek:

$58.95 for a SINGLE bulb? You're talking Rubles, right...which would be a little under $2 U.S.

Okay. Whew. 58.95 RUBLES. Ha! Had me scared there for a second.

117.90 Rubles is all it woulda cost for two. You got two fog lights, dontcha? Cheapskates.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Crawl under the Jeep on your back and then look up on top of/over the air dam guard thing. You'll see the fog lights and will be able to reach them. Or, remove your air dam for easier access.

·
Registered
27 Posts
they are easy to get to just reach underneath takes 2 seconds i checked the ebay bulb against my old factory bulb and they match identically even the tabs great hook up thanks ordered one for a spare since the last time i needed one it took the dealer a week to get and it cost me $60 i felt like a victim

481 Posts
Guess what costs $8 less than the bulb at my dealership.

The entire lamp, with a bulb in it.

Someone at Chrysler should figure this crap out. It makes them look like idiots.

OP First remove the wires that run to the fog lamp, press on both sides, you can feel it if you can't see it. Then push on the top of the bulb housing and the bulb slides out. Sometimes you can get directly to the clip for the bulb, you only need to press on the top and it should release.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts