Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question but I'm new to wranglers and I just bought a 2000 TJ hardtop with full doors and my windows are constantly foggy.. running the defroster on high keeps the windshield clear but only defogs a 3 inch diameter hole on either passenger window and my rears.. forget about it! I can't see shit. Is this normal or am I missing something?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Here's a few tricks

Keep your headlights clear with car wax! Just wipe ordinary car wax on your headlights. It contains special water repellents that will prevent that messy mixture from accumulating on your lights - lasts 6 weeks.

Squeak-proof your wipers with rubbing alcohol! Wipe the wipers with a cloth saturated with rubbing alcohol or ammonia. This one trick can make badly streaking & squeaking wipers change to near perfect silence & clarity

Ice-proof your windows with vinegar! Frost on it's way? Just fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar to one part water & spritz it on all your windows at night. In the morning, they'll be clear of icy mess. Vinegar contains acetic acid, which raises the melting point of water---preventing water from freezing!

Prevent car doors from freezing shut with cooking spray! Spritz cooking oil on the rubber seals around car doors & rub it in with a paper towel The cooking spray prevents water from melting into the rubber

Fog-proof your windshield with shaving cream! Spray some shaving cream on the inside of your windshield & wipe if off with paper towels. Shaving cream has many of the same ingredients found in commercial defoggers.

De-ice your lock in seconds with hand sanitizer! Just put some hand sanitizer gel on the key & the lock & the problems solved

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replys! I'm probably going to try all of them. Except buying a hummer of course!!!

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
If you don't want to try the home grown tricks, Rain X makes a product that keeps your windows from fogging up. I don't have any issue with the windows in my Jeep, but my daughter's Corolla is really bad. The Rain X anti-fog complete solves the problem.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah Rain X is very cool. I used it when my windshield wiper motor broke for a little bit and it worked wonders.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I'm with JD on this one.Thats what the big rig drivers tell me.Like the little home remedies tho.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Read the tips to hubby, he had me to email them to him. He leaves out early on weekdays and they will help on the blazer. My jeep doesn't go out till 2 pm weekdays so my jeep don't have the same cold issues the blazer does. Thanks

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The thing is it's 20 degrees out and the heat defrost won't defog the windows. It does the windshield but it won't touch my door windows. The air feels pretty steamy once it's heated up too so I wonder if I don't have a heater core issue or something

·
Registered
819 Posts
OP, this may seem counter-intuitive but crack your windows just a little bit. My dad taught me this trick and it helps some. Rain-X helps more...YMMV.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I've tried that.. they still fog. The rain-x made a dent for a day but it didn't take long for the mutant fog to conquer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts