Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a set of Piaa 520 foglights. I wired the lights to use the oem foglight wiring and removed the oem fogs. They flash briefly and then turn off right away....
Ideas????

2014 JK Rubicon

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just tried this and it worked fine until I started the motor
The stock wiring through the turn signal switch just made the PIAA relay chatter at high speed with the motor running.
has to do with the CAN bus system voltage peaks and valleys

I just ordered a Daystar panel and switches, going to wire direct to battery,
should work, I hope, it will have steady 12 volts feed and will be able to turn on anytime.

2014 Willys

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I had a similar issue with my Rigid leds. I just ran them to my Spod and can flip them on with that. Are those PiAA's leds?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are not LED. I was able to find more info googling around, seems the computer or whatever its called doesn't like how much juice is going to the new lights and shuts them down. I'm going to try buying led replacement bulbs for the H3 bulbs and see if that brings the draw down enough to appease the comp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep piaa 520's - i rewired the lights to use the relay harness that came in the kit. I cut out the supplied switch part and wired that into the stock fog positive, using that as the switch instead. Now i need to buy a winch and finish the project!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks
I hooked up both the + and - to the stock wiring to the Piaa relay, and the relay went crazy fast on and off so fast the lights worked but the relay would have not lasted long with the motor on, motor off it was fine , I'll try to relocate the ground wire and see if it works on mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts