Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever buy or make there own fold down tray the attaches to the inside of your tailgate? Seems like it would be extremely useful for setting tools and parts on. Just not sure what there called or where to find one for a reasonable price. If you have pictures thatd be awesome!!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
One is made for JK 's by a company called Springtail don't know about TJ's. You'll find threads about it here with the search function

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just installed a Springtail, but the do not work specifically with the TJ.

You might be able to retrofit one though. You'd need to drill some holes.

The springtail is designed to use the existing slots in the JK tailgate for mounting.

I'm sure that there are tailgate tables out there for TJ's though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see the jk one which it what got me interested they look sweet. I did use the search function but hit a dead end because again im not sure what there called and the one i did find was not very helpful

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the same note (kind of) I was looking for a box to go behind the back set and under the lowered top. Do yall know if there is any thing like that out there? I have not found one.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
That exactly what im looking for. Did your bolt go all the way through the tailgate or some kind of self taper?
I used 1/4" nutserts and 1/4" machine screws. I have a parts list and more pictures if you're interested.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Here ya go:

Tailgate Table Parts

2 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/16” x 12 1/2" Aluminum Square Tube
1 3/8” x 20 3/4" Aluminum Rod
1 1/8” x 12” x 19” Aluminum Diamond Plate
3 6-32 x 3/4" Oval Head Stainless Steel Machine Screws. (Rod to table bolts)
3 6-32 Nuts With Built in External Lock Washers
4 3/4" Square Black Plastic Tube Insert Plugs

Latch Parts:

2 1/4” x 2 1/2" Hex Bolt (cut off head and threads to make pin out of shank)
2 1” Split Rings (for pulls)
2 1/16” Cotter Pins (or spring clips)
1 1/4" I.D. x 1 1/2" Spring (cut in two – half for each latch pin)
2 1/4" brass flat washers (or other that fits bolt with very little play and that will fit inside square tube).

Hinge/Hold Open Parts:

2 3/8” I.D. x 3/4" O.D. x 1/4" Thick Nylon Bushing
3’ 1/16” Wire Cable
2 1/16” Crimp Cable Stops (Cable runs through hole in side of tube and stop is crimped on inside).
2 6-32 x 3/8” Oval Head Stainless Steel Machine Screws (Cable hold down).
2 6-32 Nuts With Built in External Lock Washers (Used on table end to clamp hold open cable).

Mounting Parts:

4 1/4" x 20 Nutserts
4 1/4" x 1 1/2" Black Philips Head Machine Screws
4 1/4" Black Flat Washers

Notes:

Aluminum rod and square tube was purchased at Home Depot. Aluminum diamond plate was left over from another project, but originally came from Blue Collar Supply. All other hardware came from Ace Hardware.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts