Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im kind of new with a soft top i was wondering if it would be ok for the windows to fold the top back with the windows left in or if they wold crease too much

·
Administrator
30,779 Posts
NOT recommended! The plastic windows will crease and scratch. Better safe than sorry. If you want to carry your windows with you, I suggest you look into a window roll. There are a couple of companies that make them including Bestop and cloverpatch.

·
Vendor
5,533 Posts
Take the windows out. If you want to see what will happen, check out rental jeeps in places like Hawaii (awesome research project! Let's all go!). I rented a Wrangler in San Diego - all five or six on the lot had beat-to-hell windows, because renters dont know/don't care.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes you have to take the windows out. The top will fold and tuck in so much better that way anyway. I don't like rolling up the windows, if it gets cool out and you go to put the windows back on and they're all curled up, that's no fun.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i didn't think they could be left in but id rather research it than try it and find out it couldn't be done

·
Registered
137 Posts
They crack. But if your top and zippers are in as bad of shape as mine then you can't take the windows off, because they won't go back on. :banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts