Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has messed around with trying to fabricate/piece together some foot pegs to slide into the door hinges for when you take the doors off?

Me and a couple of my buddies are trying to figure out the most cost efficient method to create a couple. Any idea's that have worked/failed would be much appreciated. Keep in mind we don't have a welder readily avaliable. :punk:

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
I had thought about doing this too and I'm sure there might be a market for it. Whatever you do, just make sure it has some sort of locking nut on the bottom so you don't accidentally kick it off while driving down the road!

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can find some nice ones on Ebay for cheap. If you are looking to buy I would start there. I had thought about making my own, but after looking online I found some that I liked and they were cheap enough it wasn't worth the hassel of making them

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking through all these threads, I am seeing the cheapest/easiest method is taking an eye bolt that fits the door hinges and attaching a BMX foot peg to it. The only issue I can see is the bolt from the foot peg scratching up the paint and the hinge. Plasti-dip maybe?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Cheapest/easiest method is bend a piece of 3/8" all thread. Put a nut and locking washer on top, slide thru hinge, put another locking washer and nut on. Done!

Bryce

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.