Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Kind of a newb but I have searched and didn't see anything on it so I thought I would ask the professional. For starters I am pretty short and when it rains outside and my shoes get wet I notice that my foot slips off of the clutch pedal constantly. So my question is does anyone have a fix for this? New pedal set recommendation? Maybe bed line the pedals (dont know if that's even possible) anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
You can actually get step tread non skid tape at your local home improvement stores. Clean the pedal with denatured alcohol dry and apply. Should fix the issue. There is a sand paint that lowes carries too that I have used (not on a pedal) that works well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies! Barefoot wouldn't work for me though as I would have to sit even closer to the steering wheel. But I def will try the other stuff thanks again!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Spray some bedliner on it or grip tape if you want to be real cheap haha
Grip tape for sure. You can get a good sized sheet at any skate shop for less than 10 bucks and if you need to replace it you will have enough for about 100 replacements. Very water slip resistant.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've seen ppl put some self tapping hex head screws through the pedal. They loved it. Eleminates the possibility of going. Barefoot though

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've seen ppl put some self tapping hex head screws through the pedal. They loved it. Eleminates the possibility of going. Barefoot though
Only for those with sissy feet! :wavey:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been having this problem for a while now and it wasn't until yesterday when I was wheeling on some steep stuff that it actually hit me that clutch slipping is potentially really dangerous. Grip tape sounds like a good cheap solution. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
im short myself and drive a stick , i dont have any problem with my foot slipping off the pedal,,but the grip tape sounds like a plan , but i see you changing it alot, i would go with the skate board tape..i think it will last longer,

just realized i drive a yj, pedal is alot closer than the jk,s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts