Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I nailed him/her. Ran right out in front of me....several of them actually. I hit it on the passenger side of my factory bumper. The only evidence that I see is a little bit of deer hair.

It was a pretty good thump. I was surprised that a) the airbag didn't go off and b) that the factory bumper held up so well.

The first thing I thought was that plans for my bumper upgrade got pushed up dramatically. But.......I guess I'll stick with the factory goods awhile longer.

Either way.......glad I was in my JEEP. :punk:

·
Registered
117 Posts
That is impressive, considering how much plastic it is. I would have expected the cover to be all cracked up, at least.

Now, if only the factory bumper could easily accommodate a winch, I wouldn't be looking at upgrading... ;)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Kill the deer? Some locales will let you keep the carcass. I've been waiting for this 12 pointer in my neighborhood to run in front of me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I can add a second win for the JK in the factory bumper vs. Bambi category.

I bounced one off of my JKU last fall. I was down to about 20 MPH by the time I made contact (square in his buttocks, because he finally figured out that he should run AWAY from the light, not toward it). I still launched him about 25 feet, though. I also thought that the airbags were going to pop, but surprisingly, no. No damage to the vehicle, just hair all over the bumper. He hit just to the driver's side of center about on the crush can.

Bambi lived, but I'm betting he had some major bruises.

Regardless, I'm still in the market for some steel bumpers for my JKUR.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I would be really bummed if I ever kill the deer with the truck.
P.S. And I hunt for 40 years now.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Kill the deer? Some locales will let you keep the carcass. I've been waiting for this 12 pointer in my neighborhood to run in front of me.
The largest buck I have seen in awhile was the 12 pointer that did 12k in damage to one of my rigs 2 years ago. The HP wouldn't let me take it, he said technically it was illegal. So my tow truck guy went back and got it! In my locale fresh kills go to the butcher and what can be salvaged goes to the food pantry.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I would be really bummed if I ever kill the deer with the truck.
Killing a deer with my Jeep wouldn't bother me anywhere near as much as the repair bill would.

I do my best to avoid wild life, and the repair bill, because that's what's best for me.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
scipio337 said:
Ha

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
109 Rider said:
I've seen it go both ways. Damage to deer and damage to vehicle (with no visible damage to the other)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts