Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be using MonstaLiner to bedline my tub in the next few weeks (pending no rain). My question is, What has everyone done about the caulking/glue like stuff that is in the foot wells and on seams in the back? Are you removing it and if so how? Or just applying the bedliner over it?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those that Bedlined interior

Guess no one dealt with this....

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used raptor liner. Before I applied I removed all the sound deadner in the footwells and cargo area but left the stuff on the seams.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
not to go against what everyone has said, I removed it. but i used line-x and they line x guy said that the Material would act as a sealer. Havent seen any issues yet but its only been 20 months.

I used a heat gun and a scraper to get it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
would leave the seams however the sound deadner needs to go. Mine even after topless and dry for a month ( garaged jeep) still have water under it when I removed it. You do not want water behind your bedliner it will cause it to bubble.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i did line x tub and roll bars looks great took out the sound pads left the synthetic welds though that is structural.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I know this is popular, but are any of you doing anything about the bottom of the floor pans? Most floors I have see that rotted out, did so from both directions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts