Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who buy your wheels and/or tires from DTD and had the local store put them on, what do they charge to do that? I just priced out the exact same set from DTD and from the normal site and it would be $130 more to walk into the store and buy the set. Or is everything set up (balanced/inflated/etc.) so I could just put them on at home?

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you order from DTD, the tires will come mounted, balanced and ready to mount up to your Jeep. (Check the pressure though, I hear they ship at max psi.) I have run all the numbers. The wheels are CHEAPER if I order through my local DT store, but by the time they charge for all the "stuff" it's gonna be over $180 cheaper for me to order from DTD b/c they don't assess sales tax in my state. I'd run the prices on both sites, DTD and DT and just see if your local store will match the online price. I hear most of them will, including your WF discount. By doing this, you might have them swapping out your TPMS for free b/c you won't get that done going with DTD unless you have them put new ones in and that's $40 per tire or you can buy an AEV Procal...or you can just live with the TPMS dingy going off on the dash.
Too much info? Long story short, run $ on both sites, see if the locals store will match it. If not, order 'em up!
Good luck. I'm doing this in a few weeks myself.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm didn't even realize that there is a WF discount. Will have to figure that out and re-check prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts