Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of the 32" Cooper STT's on my TJ right now and I'm trying to figure out what the best tire PSI is. They're load range C and the sidewall says a max of 50psi. I have them somewhere in the 40psi range right now, but I'm debating on dropping them down to 35.

What do you guys run?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Same size, same tire. I run 28-30 PSI. You need to drop it down so they wear right. Mine have roughly 1/2 tread left and they are wearing perfectly.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same size, same tire. I run 28-30 PSI. You need to drop it down so they wear right. Mine have roughly 1/2 tread left and they are wearing perfectly.
Wonderful. I'll give 30psi a go today... The ride is awful rough at 40psi. I'll be sure to follow up with the chalk test.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Wonderful. I'll give 30psi a go today... The ride is awful rough at 40psi. I'll be sure to follow up with the chalk test.
That should work. :thumb: Rotate these every 3k too, they seem to be kinda picky with that.

Other than that you will love these tires. They work great in all conditions and wear pretty decently. I don't think I'll ever buy a different tire.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
How are they in the mud and snow? I'm between getting a set of these or siped KM2's. THey look to me a more mild m/t?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
CarolinaBound said:
How are they in the mud and snow? I'm between getting a set of these or siped KM2's. THey look to me a more mild m/t?
They are similar to the toyos. I wouldnt call them mild at all.

We dont have much mud and snow In CA but the times that I did they slung mud pretty good. I try to avoid mud as much as I can though.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live up in Boston where we get snow, ice, sleet, etc. The STT's have yet to let me down. The TJ isn't particularly heavy, so if you're not careful you'll slide around a touch, but I'm a fan.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I run mine at 25 psi. Only had them for a month. I started at 28 psi, but they rode too rough for my taste. I've had them on sand and rocks and they have performed well. Just started raining here, so not much in wet conditions yet. Going wheelin this weekend in muddy conditions, so will have to get back on that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not running those particular tires, but 40 psi is way too high. 25-30 is plenty on our light weight TJs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts