Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone who has had this section of their dash out. Just trying to save completely disassembling the dash only to find out my idea won't work. Is there enough room behind the netted area to mount a small speaker?

I need an external speaker for a CB but hate things hanging in random spots. I'm thinking if there is enough room I can cut a hole, mount a small speaker on the backside of the plastic and mount a flat grill on the front side of the plastic behind the net for a nice hidden install.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you have uconnect, there is no room behind that panel, I am not sure you can jsut pull that out without the rest disassembled, but I would try giving it a yank first. If you don't have uconnect, there might be a little space (or get an after market HU that supports bluetooth (so much better than uconnect)) and remove the uconnect bit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Panel in front of-- "between your legs" under the steering wheel shaft comes off. then there is a wide metal "bracket" that comes off that could be cut to fit and mount a speaker. then cut a hole in the plastic cover and put some mesh on it or just drill a bunch of speaker holes in it. Might just work for you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@MOUNTAINMICKEY Thanks! I'll look into that. I don't mind putting some work into it I just don't want a speaker randomly hanging around. One way or the other I will hide that speaker!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts