Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering for the people without power and remote start if it's possible to start the Jeep with a spare key and then just lock the doors?
My old vehicle would automatically unlock the doors if the key was in the ignition but with a Jeep without anything power I'm guessing it wouldn't know the difference right?
I'm thinking it'd be a poor man's remote start

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
?? Without power windows and locks, in other words manually opening the locks, you have nothing. I f you start the Jeep open the door and shut it when you lock the doors, you are in a bind. without power locks, the locks will not activate as far as I know.It will stay locked.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
The MOPAR add on remote start module will not work with a manual door/lock Jeep, like mine. Thanks to the CANBUS, you have to also upgrade to the door/lock system and flash the computer so that it knows they are there.

The most of the after market setups are now like the mopar and use the FOB to start the vehicle. I tried looking for a addon with it's own FOB, but gave up. I really didn't look that hard either.

Reactions: laollis

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have a 2013 and I did lock my keys in once...just ONCE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts