Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
You are going to have to pull numbers off of the diff cover.

Generally 4.10 8.8's come with an LSD.

·
Registered
146 Posts
^ like what they said. The tag you want is the upper right corner. You can also put it on jack stands if the tag is missing, put her in neutral, and see if it turns roughly 4.10 times. The only problem with that is that 3.73 is the most common ratio, and being very close you can confuse them. The driver side door has a sticker. On the part that says axle it, it should say D2 for a 4.10 LSD. For just 4.10 it is 42 on the door sticker under axle.

Not to discourage you, but i thought i finally found the 4.10 with a lsd, and it had the right code, d2, but in fact it had 3.73 with a lsd when i looked at the tag. I was really confused and still am. maybe someone switched, or a factory mess up, or a swap? Just be careful.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can do the count and turn trick. Turn the axle completely around twice while counting how many times the yoke turns and divide by 2. This gives a better reading for ratios that are as close, like 3:73s and 4:10s.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
This might help. It's an actual picture of a Ford 8.8 tag.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Called the guy we wants $300 for the rear end he said he did not know if it had the 410 in it so it might be worth a shot!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well had the guy check the axle out all he could find was the assembly code 613b and i had him look in the door and it was a "D4" Limited Slip 3.73 i was so close !!! would it be worth getting and changing the gears? i might be able to get it for 200 ?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so now i got even better news i got a old blaster sitting around the house guy said he would trade even up so would all i have to do is find gears?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Regearing is expensive if you have someone rlse do it for you. You needs specific tools if you're going to do it yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts