Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my ford 8.8 recently and have been trying to decide on a bracket kit. There is this Jeep TJ 8.8" Ford axle swap kit and the famous Artec Industries TJ 8.8 Swap Kit with Truss. I do not do extreme wheeling yet, so I'm trying to decide if it is worth the extra $200? I've heard a lot about how much easier the artec is to install. Based off the write ups, the install isnt too hard. So, what do you guys think?

I've been looking in to getting a welder and learning to weld rather than spending money on labor as well.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
I never saw on Ballistic's page where it said how thick the bracket plates were. I know with the Artec system, all pieces are 1/4" mild steel, and it removes most of the opportunities for misalignment, not to mention the fact that it helps a great deal with the axle strength and keeping the tubes from twisting.

I'd say the Artec is the better of the two options.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used the Artec truss on my swap. If you measure everything properly, I don't think the standard style brackets would have been any harder myself but I wanted the extra strength of the truss. I was really surprised and happy to find that after tacking everything together on the axle, only one shock bracket was slightly off and had to be adjusted. Besides that, every bolt went right in during mockup and everything lined up perfect. Couldn't have been happier!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts