Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have access to a CNC plasma table and I am able to burn out the pieces for the swap but I am not finding somewhere that has measurements for the brackets to burn them out for my YJ.

Could someone help me out with measurements or point me in a better direction?

·
Registered
250 Posts
for the 8.8 swap, you don't really need a cnc table. that's quite a bit of overkill. New shock mounts, $20/pair I used the plates off of the explorer when I grabbed my axle. the perches are also like $20 a pair. You may/ may not be able to use to u bolts.....its been awhile so I don't quite remember for sure. the rest is just the brake lines , driveshaft and e brake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My concern is that the bracket pieces on the axle we have are thin and rusty. Kits I have found seem to be made out of a thicker material than what we would be cutting off. Designing the brackets isn't a big deal. It gives the kids I have at the school something to do and it's a learning experience for them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
3.25" tube diameter x 2.5" spring width x however long you want them and whether or not you wish to have an offset centerpin hole.

Shoulder height of perch should be as low as possible keeping in mind the clearance needed for the centerpin.

Shock lower mounts will depend on if you're running something like mine (Fox shocks with heims & spacers) or standard sized rubber bushings.

Spring plate should match axle tube diameter as far as where you punch holes for ubolts & width clearance for leafs & centerpin.

All of which is super easy stuff. I make my own and others' as well for a wide variety of axles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts