Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, 1 more question. I found an 8.8 from a 2000 explorer with LS and 3.73 gears, will I need to regear the front as well?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Yes front and rear must have same gear ratios.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mines a 4.0, are those gears not close enought? If not ill just keep looking and get an 8.8 with 4:10s

·
Registered
234 Posts
You're gears have to match, regardless of your engine. If you have a 4cyl, assuming Noones chnaged the gears, the a 8.8 with 4.10s will work just fine. The 6cyl did not come from the factor with 4.10 gears. Most were 3.07. And theres another ratio that is escaping me at the moment

·
Administrator
12,565 Posts
If your looking to stay at or under a 33's tire..Look for an 8.8 with 4.10's then either do an gear change to the front OR find a front dana 30 from a 4cly, which might end up being cheaper. If you want over 33's then get the best deal on what ever you can find as you will be changing out the gears... Also don't forget to weld the tubes to the diff.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You got the codes to find 4:88s?? If not let me know I can send a couple pages to help you out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could you send me those, I'm pretty sure most of the ones I'm looking at are 373 but there were a couple I wasn't sure about.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
You got the codes to find 4:88s?? If not let me know I can send a couple pages to help you out.
I hope you mean 4:10... 4:88 was not stock for a 8.8

Here is the cheat sheet I used when looking for my 8.8

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Yeah my bad I had mine changed to 4:88s and added a grizzly. Still have to install.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts