2024.. so its moving really slowly

·
Registered
633 Posts
Reactions: mazeppa

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. People were nervous about buying the first year of the JL due to possible issues, wait till the first year of a totally new vehicle hits the trails. My JKUR will easily go till 202? when the bugs are out. I am not going to be Ford's test track.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I was in the facility that will be producing axles for them about 4 months ago. It's actually happening as far as I can tell.
As a Ford guy, I'll say the same thing I said in 2004... I hope they do build it, I hope Ford prices it realistically... Jeep needs competition, and Jeep certainly needs to have their pricing challenged.
Actually, I guess I'm an ex-Ford guy.
I grew tired of waiting for the Bronco, and bought a JK.
Then I grew tired of waiting for a Ford competitor to the GC SRT, and bought one of those as too.
I still have my '12 F150 3.5EB (daily driver) and my '92 5.0 notch (Sunyy Sundays and track toy) but I'm getting tired of both.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
So they're going to make a Ranger based on the new platform, and a Bronco pickup based on the new platform?

Nope, not happening.

Remember, they've also been claiming that a new Ram Dakota is coming, and FCA has already said that's not true...they will not build two midsize trucks. No business case for doing that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts