Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use this stuff on thier wheel well mouldings? If so does it work well?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
In my experience, the company that makes Forever Black must consider "forever" as about two weeks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man that was quick. Your ride looks very good. The mouldings turned out well, what did you prep with and how are they holding up after some sun/salt,cold/washing/wax/etc? They aer the sole detractor from my 97, it's arrest me red with a clean top and with black ww mouldings it would look awsome, for now it's red w/ grey? (faded) mouldings.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That's not mine, Its someone else that posted up on here a couple weeks ago. I am sure that the paint would definitely hold up better than any kind of treatment. It may be something you have to do yearly or so but it would really be worth it to keep those flares looking good, makes a jeep look so much better!! I don't think there is a lot of prep work involved either. I would just wash them up really well and paint them. They say the fusion bonds with plastic like glue!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That's not mine, Its someone else that posted up on here a couple weeks ago. I am sure that the paint would definitely hold up better than any kind of treatment. It may be something you have to do yearly or so but it would really be worth it to keep those flares looking good, makes a jeep look so much better!! I don't think there is a lot of prep work involved either. I would just wash them up really well and paint them. They say the fusion bonds with plastic like glue!!
Before I replaced my flares, I did use the Krylon fusion paint to blacken them up. It worked great and really held up. I had them for a year and a half before I replaced them. No chips or cracks in the paint, and they hadn't faded. I just went to a wider flare. To do it right, remove them from the Jeep, wash them and rub them with acetone. Then after they're dry, hit em with the paint.

Be forewarned, taking your stock flares off can be a royal PITA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I started to remove them the other day and the factroy speed nuts were spinning. New hardware time, oh boy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts