Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the Fortin EVO-CHRT5 unit a few months back. It works perfectly and I gotta say that it's the best $100 I've spent on my JK so far. When I installed it though I decided that I didnt need to run the parking light wiring. I've since had a change of heart and would like to do it. My problem is that I can't seem to find correct and consistant info on how to do this. I've watched every video and read every thread but I still can't figure out if I need an additional relay or if the wiring needs to be fused. I'm not even sure how many wires need to be connected to make this work. I do have a above average ability and I'm not afraid to dig into things but I do admit that I am trying to be extra cautious since this is the only new vehicle that I've ever owned and simply dont want to do anything that will void my warranty and/or screw things up. Can anyone out there that has done this help me out regarding wire colors, locations, etc? BTW... it is a 2015 JKU Sport S and I love it!!! Thanks in advance all!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry i cant help you with this issue , but would you mind sharing the link from where you got this remote starter? Also how is the working distance and did you have to do any additional programming?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the link.... http://www.amazon.com/Fortin-EVO-CH...2O&s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1425503455&sr=1-3

You need to email them to let them know what make/model you have. They will program it for you. You need to purchase the programming module if you buy it from other sellers. I didnt have to do any additional programming at all. Totally plug and play. The range is a bit short though. Not sure if it is because of the Fortin or the Jeep. I don't need a long range because I am mostly starting it from my house to the driveway. Others have complained about it but its been great for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the 2007-2015 Wrangler using the EVO-CHRT5 as a Stand Alone Remote Start System, you need to add a 12V Relay, in order to connect the parking Light Flash Feature. In this (http://fortin.ca/download/28831/evo-all_thar-chr5_(t-harness).rev-20150216.pdf) Fortin Diagram, you will be using CONNECTION C. See Page 5, where you are shown that the JK Parking Light wire is WHITE/PURPLE, and located in the passenger kick panel. The relay will have 5 connections, likely. You will only use 4 of them. #30 and #85 go to +12V FUSED Power. #86 goes to the BROWN/WHITE wire on the Fortin 20 pin harness. And #87 goes to the WHITE/PURPLE Parking Light wire in the Jeep. (There are other ways to wire it that are also right, and will work.) You should be able to pick up a generic relay, fuse holder, etc for less than $10.00. Radio Shack, if you know what to look for, or any car audio ship will be able to pick out what you need and hand it to you. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
In the 2007-2015 Wrangler using the EVO-CHRT5 as a Stand Alone Remote Start System, you need to add a 12V Relay, in order to connect the parking Light Flash Feature. In this (http://fortin.ca/download/28831/evo-all_thar-chr5_(t-harness).rev-20150216.pdf) Fortin Diagram, you will be using CONNECTION C. See Page 5, where you are shown that the JK Parking Light wire is WHITE/PURPLE, and located in the passenger kick panel. The relay will have 5 connections, likely. You will only use 4 of them. #30 and #85 go to +12V FUSED Power. #86 goes to the BROWN/WHITE wire on the Fortin 20 pin harness. And #87 goes to the WHITE/PURPLE Parking Light wire in the Jeep. (There are other ways to wire it that are also right, and will work.) You should be able to pick up a generic relay, fuse holder, etc for less than $10.00. Radio Shack, if you know what to look for, or any car audio ship will be able to pick out what you need and hand it to you. Good luck!
I wired this up this afternoon. I didn't use a relay, just went Brown/White to the White/Purple.
The parking lights flash when starting, and when started, however, they are not staying illuminated like I expected. Another forum member suggested checking if it's an option on the Fortin. I checked with the Flashlink and didn't see it listed as an option.

Would using the relay as you outlined about keep the parking lights illuminated after start?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
This morning, i turned the 'parking light flash' option off in the jeep personal settings. Turns out, the remote start wasn't doing anything with my lights. They were flashing because i have the Fortin do the lock - unlock - lock option...

·
Registered
35 Posts
How exactly is the relay mounted and wired? Should I just run a single 12v+ to #30 and #85 and mount the relay in the engine compartment.

For the #86 connection to the brown/white, that make sense - i can just butt connect the two. But for #87 and white/purple, do I use a t-tap?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
How exactly is the relay mounted and wired? Should I just run a single 12v+ to #30 and #85 and mount the relay in the engine compartment.

For the #86 connection to the brown/white, that make sense - i can just butt connect the two. But for #87 and white/purple, do I use a t-tap?
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/fortin-remote-starter-1367842.html#post21501706

I cut / striped / soldiered mine... since the location was in an area that could/would/should get wet.

30 & 86 = 12v power (fused)
87 to white/purple in passenger kickpanel
85 from brown/white on Fortin 20pin

and i just stuffed the relay under the steering wheel with the fortin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts