Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ropping in from the Toyota side of the interwebs to share an experience with Fortec and 4 Wheel Parts...

I'm restoring a 1984 Toyota Pickup and decided the classic ARB was the way go for this one. But, it turns out, that bumper is hard to find in North America. 4WP showed the bumper in stock. I ordered it online. They ran/charged my card and said it'd be at my door in 7-10.

Six days later, I checked the status...and was told it was "Processing". I contacted customer support to see what "Processing" meant. I was told the bumper was "backordered with no ETA." I replied: "Were you planning on telling me that?" 4WP's reply: "Do you want to wait or not?"

I started contacting shops all over the country who showed one in stock. All replied (much nicer than 4WP) some form of "Man, sorry - showed we have one but we don't and don't see any coming in." Well, all but one - Andreas at Fortec in Roswell, GA. https://fortec4x4.com

Andreas got on the phone and started searching. He called ARBUSA and, with a guy he knows there, tracked one down. They found the LAST ARB bumper (for an '84 Toyota Pickup) in North America - sitting on a shelf (literally covered in dust) in a warehouse in Washington. He emailed back and said "I'm pretty sure I've got it - but let's wait 'til we have a tracking number and are 100% certain it's in transit before I run your card" Oh, and Fortec beat 4WP's price!

Keep in mind, Andreas KNOWS I'm building a Toyota. This is likely the only business we'll do together. I swear, I'm close to building another Jeep now ;-)

You guys may be thinking "Yeah, no *$&@ dude - everyone knows they're awesome" But, if you haven't heard of them, check them out.

One week after talking to Andreas...
https://imgur.com/a/iDRCPAX

·
Retired Moderator
102,605 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts