Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new JKU 2014 this weekend and I couldnt be any happier. my kids are obsessed with it and wifey is digging it too.

does anyone have a preferred car seat theyve used in the 14 JKU to reco?
does anyone know if the headrest on the back seat folds down?

I ask because the one I used didnt fit well into the seat with the headrest. it could be because the seat is 5 yrs old but it left little to no room for the kids legs between the front seat and the car seat.

thoughts?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Diono makes narrow and low profile car seats. They are also sturdy as hell, we use them three across in my wife's Pontiac Vibe.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I use a Graco Nautilus for my 2 year old, works fine but leg room is tight. My older kid is in a Britax booster seat, and he has plenty of room. The only way to get the headrests to fold down is to fold the seatback forward all the way, which will pull the headrests backwards. Then take a bungie cord and tie the headrests to the anchors in the floor board, that will prevent them from standing up once you raise the seat back to normal! If the headrests ever pop up again, you will have to remove both car seats, and lower the seatback to get them to move backwards again.

There is also a thread on here somewhere detailing how to remove them completely.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a Greco Nautilus for a 3 yr old and a Greco booster with back for my 6 yr old. The nautilus takes too much space because the angle of the back on the seat vs the one in Jeep does not match and the seat is pushed to the front. The booster is perfect and there is enough room.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My 7 year old son is in a Graco Turbobooster High Back booster. Has plenty of room to climb in and loves the jeep, hasn't complained about comfort, but I was thinking about doing the mod to tilt the back seat back a little anyway.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My "smaller than her age" 6 year old sit in a Graco. It's in the middle so she has plenty of leg room.

As for the headrest, they only fold down when seat is fold down flat.
There's a mod I saw to allow the headrest to be fold down with seat up.

☞ Sent from here ☜

·
Registered
272 Posts
I use the britax for bot my 2 and 4 year old. If you fold the seat down to the point the headrest folds back you can hold it back and push the seat back up. While having someone hold the headrest down you can install the car seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts