Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread earlier saying that i want to do a auto to manual swap. My jeep is a 01 and the donor j found is an 05 with the 6 spd. Please can anyone tell me if the swap is possoble and where will we find probs? Iam concerned with the ecu sonce hel need an ecu that will control the torque converter and my ecu has 3 wires going in and his has 4. I know mine will be fine i just might get the check engine but what about hkm?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump up

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry hehe. I type to fast sometimes wen iam busy and i dont watch these things.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump up

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noone?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
I'm not sure.. But I'll give you a free bump

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
good lord that was hard to read...

the crank position sensors are different between an 05 6-speed and your 01 auto. you'll have some issues trying to get that straightened out since the PCM's are completely different. you may end up needing to get the Hesco front mounted crank position sensor. you may be able to get the sensor hole modified at a machine shop, or you may need to just make a new hole for the 01 manual crank position sensor.

with the auto, you also don't have a pilot bearing on the crankshaft. you'll need to install one in order to convert to the manual. i believe the starters are different as well. you'll also need the pedals, the slave & master clutch stuff, the fluid lines, etc. you'll also need the 01 manual PCM, and to figure out a way to defeat the clutch interlock thing.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wooow then i guess theres no point hinking about tue 6spd. Ik go with the nv 5 spd. Much easier to do. Thanks for the inputt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts