Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Found a Jeep I love. It has everything I want like a 6 cylinder, 4" lift, 33 inch tires, hard and soft top, manual transmission. (not to mention a sound bar!)

THe problem is this wrangler has no AC. My question regards you guys. Where do you live, and do you mind not having AC? Is this a jeep I should pass by because of this, or is it no big deal?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/car/383425956.html

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
a/c is over rated. I have it but don't use it. If it has the stuff you want buy it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Guys,

Found a Jeep I love. It has everything I want like a 6 cylinder, 4" lift, 33 inch tires, hard and soft top, manual transmission. (not to mention a sound bar!)

THe problem is this wrangler has no AC. My question regards you guys. Where do you live, and do you mind not having AC? Is this a jeep I should pass by because of this, or is it no big deal?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/car/383425956.html
I'm in North Texas (anywhere from 95 degrees to 103 degrees lately)

can't speak for everyone , but if i need and AC i take my wife's SUV...i haven't had the top on my Wrangler more than 2 days in the 3 weeks since i bought it, but the two days did have the top and doors on..man the AC came in handy...

now if the price was right..i'd forego the AC..but i mean VERY right considering what i've seen Wranglers go for

·
Registered
857 Posts
It's not a creature comfort down here, it's a must. If we maxed out around 90 it would be doable, but that's a pipe dream. But you on the other hand, I'm not familiar w/your summers but guessing you may be able to get by w/o it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah, I live down here in Bama, and we have been 100+ with nasty amounts of humidity for months now, and I don't use my A/C at all. I would say it boils down to personal preference. It is nice to have when it rains, but I still rarely use it.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
i live in mass and dont have it, but then again i never go slower than 70, even in traffic....anyways thats a different story and i dont want to get in trouble for hijacking another thread, thats tiny's job!

·
Registered
262 Posts
AC is underrated, I would not buy one without it.

How's is that for two opposed opinions? LOL

Bottom line is that is a question you have to answer yourself. I could not use my Jeep without air, but a lot of people don't need it. Do you use the AC on your current car? If they answer is yes all the time, chances are you will need it on the Jeep. If you ride around with the windows down on a 100 degree day, then you most likely don't need it.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
We have had 100+ degree weather for most of the last two weeks. My top is off, my doors are off and as long as I'm moving it's not a problem.
On the otherhand, you'll get better gas mileage without AC.

Jeeps are for manly men. (and tough jeep girls)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well, it's a given that most of us would *prefer* to keep the top down and doors off. But, arriving at the office in sweat-soaked dress clothes is not always appropriate. Of course I have no problem w/it, but get some funny looks.:D

·
Really?
6,455 Posts
My TJ has AC....
It's just extra weight in my opinion.
Just take the top off... And get yourself one of those slushies from the 7-11! ;)

And not to hijack the thread or nothing.....

Does anyone else have an enormous amount of heat coming from the floorboard on the drivers side?
Even with the AC is on its hot in there!

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Well, it's a given that most of us would *prefer* to keep the top down and doors off. But, arriving at the office in sweat-soaked dress clothes is not always appropriate. Of course I have no problem w/it, but get some funny looks.:D
I don't sweat much for a fat boy!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I ordered mine with ac after using cutting torch/welder & plas all day i want to cool off on the way home.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would not have a DD without A/C but that is due to the S. Texas heat and humidity. Down here if you do not have it you will get to your destination dripping wet. Having it may also help you sell it later.
02 TJ Sport For Sale replaced by
06 Rubi
LegDoc

·
Registered
981 Posts
I've vacationed in Minnesota in the summer. It can be warm but not like what I'm used to here in Texas. I'd say it's probably not going to be an issue for you unless you already think it gets hot there.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm in Sacramento where its 97-105 everyday in the summer, and I don't have a/c. What I realized while considering buying a unit, was that I always have my top off during the summer anyways! If you're stuck on buying one, you can get a good used one from a jeep junk yard for a couple hundred bucks. Personally I go to J & W Jeep yard for all my used parts.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts