Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the dealer did. The Dealer called today and explained they found the mysterious cow bell sound that I was hearing after a lift, spring install that I did myself. It was a metal cup with a metal handle rolling over when I braked and hitting metal on the undercarriage of my seat. Then rolling back over ready to hit again when I hit the break. Thus Cow Bell sound solved. I am sure the dealer got a kick out of my stupidity. Funny this started right after lift install, timing is everything. Thanks to all who helped in earlier post.

·
Registered
210 Posts
:lmao:
Well the dealer did. The Dealer called today and explained they found the mysterious cow bell sound that I was hearing after a lift, spring install that I did myself. It was a metal cup with a metal handle rolling over when I braked and hitting metal on the undercarriage of my seat. Then rolling back over ready to hit again when I hit the break. Thus Cow Bell sound solved. I am sure the dealer got a kick out of my stupidity. Funny this started right after lift install, timing is everything. Thanks to all who helped in earlier post.

·
Registered
765 Posts
LMAO!

That's Awesome!

Every Jeep owner: What is that SOUND!!!????

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Ok I'll add to this thread. I took my jeep in for a "thud" sound I was hearing from what I thought was the brake assembly. Dealer found a ratchet that I forgot and left attached to a bolt when I installed my hard rock skids. When turning the ratchet would spin and hit a piece of metal making the thud. Felt like and idiot but happy to get my ratchet back !! And still can't believe it didn't fall off while driving !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts