Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for anyone who has real-world experience with the Fox Factory 2.5 Remote Reservoir shocks with DSC adjusters.

I'm looking for a beefy remote resi shock that will resist shock fade when working them hard yet have a very compliant ride on the street.

I've been talking to AccuTune Offroad and think this is the route I'm going to go, however I would love to get some feedback from people with first hand experience.

·
Registered
679 Posts
What did you ultimately settle on? I'm in the same boat at the moment and just started talking to Accutune as well - looking at the Falcon 3.3 as an option, but not a fan of the rear shock design.

sent via cone of silence

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. I was really hoping to connect with someone that was running them before shelling out that kind of $$ for them, but I've been unsuccessful.

I was also considering the Falcon 3.3, but like you I did not like the rear shock design.

If I'm unable to get any real-world feedback, I'll just take the leap next month and get them.

I'm going to get them valve'd lighter than my Bilstein 5100's Im currently running on the light side adjustment and progressively work their way up to handled some heavy hits while doing some at speed runs in the sand for the heavy side adjustment.

If you find anyone running them let me know what they think.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm looking for anyone who has real-world experience with the Fox Factory 2.5 Remote Reservoir shocks with DSC adjusters.

I'm looking for a beefy remote resi shock that will resist shock fade when working them hard yet have a very compliant ride on the street.

I've been talking to AccuTune Offroad and think this is the route I'm going to go, however I would love to get some feedback from people with first hand experience.
Trust Accutune. go with the Fox 2.5's and let them set the valving for you based on your vehicles specs. you will not be disappointed. they know their stuff.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I still haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. I was really hoping to connect with someone that was running them before shelling out that kind of $$ for them, but I've been unsuccessful.

I was also considering the Falcon 3.3, but like you I did not like the rear shock design.

If I'm unable to get any real-world feedback, I'll just take the leap next month and get them.

I'm going to get them valve'd lighter than my Bilstein 5100's Im currently running on the light side adjustment and progressively work their way up to handled some heavy hits while doing some at speed runs in the sand for the heavy side adjustment.

If you find anyone running them let me know what think.
I've only come across a handful of people that are using them... considering them for two reasons: one, anybody who has them universally loves them; two, the more I think about the falcon shock design the less I like it. It has single speed compression damping and a clunky rear shock design.

The 3.3s are less than half the cost of the 2.5 DSC and that makes it a little harder to pull the trigger. When I pull the trigger, it's going to be with Accutune. They've already steered me towards a specific tune and have said that I'm better off with the 2.5s over any other shock. I have a set of custom tuned Fox's 2.0 Remote Res on my sprinter van, and they made a huge difference. (The larger shock bodies won't fit on the van). The guys that did my van shocks were Mark and Rob at Van Compass, (both former Synergy Suspension engineers) know the Accutune guys really well. Every time I ask him about suspensions he just about cuts me off every time and just says go talk to the guys at AccuTune.

sent via cone of silence

·
Registered
20 Posts
Running 2.5s in an AccuTune coilover setup. Have tested them out on mountain passes, desert runs, and trails; happy with all. Also very much like the on-road compliance, which was a nice surprise -- this is likely owing to the tune for the vehicle, but they are smoother on road than the (few) other setups I tried in other JKs.

Sorry it's not a broad comparison, but I can say I'm quite happy with what AccuTune built.

3A44527C-23FF-4BFA-9FBE-132821D16A83.jpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
Running 2.5s in an AccuTune coilover setup. Have tested them out on mountain passes, desert runs, and trails; happy with all. Also very much like the on-road compliance, which was a nice surprise -- this is likely owing to the tune for the vehicle, but they are smoother on road than the (few) other setups I tried in other JKs.

Sorry it's not a broad comparison, but I can say I'm quite happy with what AccuTune built.

View attachment 4196433
that's the exact setup i want to go with at some point down the road.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

View attachment 4196433
tclinton,

Thank you for the feedback! How do you like your Fox bump stops. I'm going back and forth between the King 2.0's and Fox 2.0's.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I was looking at the Fox and the Kings four years ago, ended up with the King adjustables 2.5 oem from Filthy Motor sports. They tuned them well the first time. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. You will really appreciate a custom tailored shock to your specific rig and usage. I looked at BP and some others, I would give them a call, Ben will spend quite a bit of time on the phone with you so you get the correct product. What sold me on the Kings eventually was all the positive reviews. When I saw them and had them in my hands I was impressed by the craftsmanship, even the packing is first rate. It was if they were sending you transplant organs...............I must have put 40 hours+research into the purchase. FMS has some good videos. Some long, but all informative. Good luck, the wallet sting didn't last long at all...............:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
tclinton,

Thank you for the feedback! How do you like your Fox bump stops. I'm going back and forth between the King 2.0's and Fox 2.0's.
SO hard to call. I have Fox on the front, Kings in the rear. I can't say I detect any sort of performance difference; they both work as advertised. I'm a touch partial to the Fox in this particular setup because of the threaded body and its adjustability -- the whole suspension was installed at once, and with all the possibilities to tune ride height, geometry, shocks... I like the idea of being able to dial in the bump stops, too. The rears took quite a bit of work to french into the frame with an EVO kit. It's art to look at, if only because I wouldn't have ever had the talent to pull that off myself!

But again, no knock on the Kings in the rear -- they're performing, too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts