Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my 10A came with a Fox ATS 2.0 steering stabilizer installed. All the front end components are tight, so I do not believe this was done in an effort to combat Death Wobble. I'm not 100% sure though. There is zero DW now.

I recently picked up a TeraFlex Monster Front Track bar. Now, removing the ATS steering stabilize is necessary since it is bolted through the axle side track bar mount; effectively it rides on the through bolt of the track bar.

I cannot get an impact on this bolt due to the drag link, and there is most likely red loctite on the bolt for the track bar. I have the stabilizer off already, but I'm stumped on how to get the track bar bolt off.

I'm also not sure if the two will not rub.

I've been told by one good friend to ditch the ATS and sell it as it is overkill and not necessary. I have a practically new OEM one with the necessary hardware. This option is also on the table.

I'm hoping someone else has worked at removing an ATS stabilizer for any reason.

I stepped up to 35s and the TF bar was a fantastic deal I could not pass up.

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
You should be able to take the drag link off at the knuckle to access the bolt.

I run the Falcon version and Steersmarts TB on our '18, no clearance issues. I've also run the Falcon SS on our '14 with the Teraflex TB, no issues.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to take the drag link off at the knuckle to access the bolt.

I run the Falcon version and Steersmarts TB on our '18, no clearance issues. I've also run the Falcon SS on our '14 with the Teraflex TB, no issues.
Thanks, I guess i was being lazy and did not want to drop the drag link from the knuckle. I hope my 'deep' sockets are deep enough to reach the 'nut' portion of that bolt. I'll find out tonight.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Related follow-up...

So I notice the stabilizer no longer has a 1/4” space when the steering is turned full right. The track bar install has increased this spacing quite a bit. The instructions from Fox are quite clear on the 1/4” gap.

Does anyone know the reason or have input on whether I should leave it or reset it? I checked clearance and there is plenty from lock to lock.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I called Fox directly and they suggest putting it back to 1/4" when turned full to the right. Their position is that is to keep it working within 'safe limits'.

I kinda figured as much, but I was again hoping to be lazy. By now I should just stop trying to be lazy and do what I think is best. It will save me time in the long run. :doh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts