Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Fox ATS 2.0 steering stabilizer on my Rubicon JKU. I just bought a Rubicon Express HD tie rod which is 1 5/8. Morris sold me a Tereflex relocation kit. They told me it would work with my Fox ATS, but the way it clamps is different. I thought the bolt in my ATS would go into the new clamp, but of course the threads are different. Has anyone ran into this problem? I don’t want to buy a new stabilizer. I bought the HD tie rod because my tie rod ends are bad and I thought it would be better to go with a HD tie rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
Can't you just go to the hardware store and buy a new bolt the right length with the right thread pitch and use that. I would be using a grade 8 on any steering parts.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Can't you just go to the hardware store and buy a new bolt the right length with the right thread pitch and use that. I would be using a grade 8 on any steering parts.
You might not get the torque on the bolt if you use smaller.. IMO you might want to consider a different/larger clamp. Start with the Yeti. It has two different size thread holes (Call Joe at morris4x4) tell him your measurements. Or, like myself, I had a custom shop take a clamp and weld a nut to the clamp so it would work perfectly with my over sized aluminum tie rod.

Either way it's going to cost you $40-$55.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Well I see this with two options if they don't make the proper mount for this bar and stabilizer combination. Either get a new bolt the proper size and possibly have to enlarge the hole on the end of the stabilizer to make it fit or have someone weld in the hole on the mount and drill and retap it for the necessary thread pitch.

I guess there is a third option, that is to buy a stabilizer that fits the parts you have.... Good luck on your project

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Fox makes two different size clamps that should fit the new HD tie rod. I replaced my clamp when I switched to the Yeti tie rod since it was larger in diameter than my Synergy tie rod.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Fox makes two different size clamps that should fit the new HD tie rod. I replaced my clamp when I switched to the Yeti tie rod since it was larger in diameter than my Synergy tie rod.
This is true, if you have this set up. I had to go even larger because the Pro is even thicker than the yeti...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts