Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been seeing a lot of threads posted on wobbles, steering issues recently. Come to find out a least 3 recent posts the owner had a ATS and was using the track bar bolt that ALSO mounts the stabilizer. Do yourself a HUGE favor and get rid of that bolt. Find other means to mount the stabilizer. If you have a lift that provides a track bar bracket, mount directly to it. That or Synergy and other manufacturers make a bracket that mounts the stabilizer to the stock bracket. The problem i believe is not being able to get a common socket on it. Using a crowsfoot or a regular wrench is going to be difficult to hit 125 ft lbs. i never used the bolt knowing it could possibly cause issues. Instead i mounted the shock to my Artec bracket using a spacer.

I hope this thread helps some people :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had a feeling that the supplied mounting hardware was NOT the ideal solution. I'm planning on getting the Synergy 8007 backet. I think you can loosen the collar on the L backet on the ATS and pivot it to get the clearance you need. Plus this should eliminate any binding potential.

I'm glad you called this out. Only makes my decision more confident.

·
Super Moderator
53,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a feeling that the supplied mounting hardware was NOT the ideal solution. I'm planning on getting the Synergy 8007 backet. I think you can loosen the collar on the L backet on the ATS and pivot it to get the clearance you need. Plus this should eliminate any binding potential. I'm glad you called this out. Only makes my decision more confident.
Yes you can pivot it.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
The problem i believe is not being able to get a common socket on it. Using a crowsfoot or a regular wrench is going to be difficult to hit 125 ft lbs.
I have that type of bolt that mounts the trackbar and steering stabilizer. While I am not a fan of that mount, it does work - meaning it relocates the SS as intended. I have such a small lift (RK 1.5"), I don't have a need for a trackbar relocation bracket. I do have the TF adjustable TB though to center the axle.

But back to the bolt in question. I was able to get a deep socket on it and torque the bolt properly to 125 ftlbs. This has to be done prior to mounting the SS of course. If I was to retorque, I do have to remove the one end of the SS first. A pain yes, that's why I am not a fan of this bolt. For my situation, it works.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
^^ Are you missing a bolt in the tie rod clamp?

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
I mounted the same way as keeper. Had to use a couple extra washers but haven't had any issues.

The first picture is looking up so you can see the washers. (And I just rotated the tube so the fox sticker is not upside down. When I looked at my pic it started driving me crazy ! )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
53,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I mounted the same way as keeper. Had to use a couple extra washers but haven't had any issues. The first picture is looking up so you can see the washers. (And I just rotated the tube so the fox sticker is not upside down. When I looked at my pic it started driving me crazy ! ) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep washers worked great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts