Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
3.6-liter version of its increasingly ubiquitous Pentastar V6 connected to either a six-speed manual, or, for the first time ever, a five-speed automatic transmission.

It'd be nice if they got their facts straight.

·
Registered
693 Posts
This link here on that review page of the 2012 is more like it. This is me. ME. MMMMEEEEEE! :drool:

Icon CJ3B | Fox News

But I would change the order to stretch the body right behind the seat by 2 feet or more, slip in a V8 for more power to pull trailiers with and put a hard top on it.

:dance:

Edit: be sure to look at the slide show for it at: http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/leisure/2010/06/29/icon-cjb/

OMFG...

·
Registered
37 Posts
This link here on that review page of the 2012 is more like it. This is me. ME. MMMMEEEEEE! :drool:

Icon CJ3B | Fox News

But I would change the order to stretch the body right behind the seat by 2 feet or more, slip in a V8 for more power to pull trailiers with and put a hard top on it.

:dance:

Edit: be sure to look at the slide show for it at: 2010 Icon CJ3B | Fox News

OMFG...
I think this was a brilliant choice on ICON's behalf to "remake." But $80,000!?!?!? OMG, Looking that thing over that "High Hood" (the original nick name of the 3B) doesn't look over $20,000 worth of parts and labor.

And I should know (see below).

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/MacGordon/P2130005a.jpg

·
Registered
693 Posts
I think this was a brilliant choice on ICON's behalf to "remake." But $80,000!?!?!? OMG, Looking that thing over that "High Hood" (the original nick name of the 3B) doesn't look over $20,000 worth of parts and labor.
True. Problem is, the company is in California. In LA of all places! I wonder how much more the price would be reduced if this were based in places like AL or TN or Louisiana...

·
Registered
37 Posts
True. Problem is, the company is in California. In LA of all places! I wonder how much more the price would be reduced if this were based in places like AL or TN or Louisiana...
Very true. I think that ANY company could make that ICON style 3B and sell them for $25-30K and sell the hell out of them.

Btw, noticed in your signature that you have an IH Scout II. Would love to see a pic of that. I may have a Willys, but I love all forms of rock crawlers (Scouts, Broncos, TLC's, etc).

Thumbs up!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Very true. I think that ANY company could make that ICON style 3B and sell them for $25-30K and sell the hell out of them.

Btw, noticed in your signature that you have an IH Scout II. Would love to see a pic of that. I may have a Willys, but I love all forms of rock crawlers (Scouts, Broncos, TLC's, etc).

Thumbs up!

Would you be interested in starting up such a company and giving that man a run for his money?

My Scout isn't ready at this time. It's still in restoration.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Would you be interested in starting up such a company and giving that man a run for his money?

My Scout isn't ready at this time. It's still in restoration.
Hahah...unfortunately no. I have my hands full with such family business ventures as C&B Quality Trailer Works, Utilities, Flat Beds, Car haulers, Equipment, Dump Trailers, Truck Beds, Idaho and Snake River Trailer Co.

Also, I could have never done my '46 Willys CJ-2A without the help of several great friends. It was my first rebuild and it was a learning experience.

My second rebuild/full restore was '70 Challenger. I just paid someone to do that for me. No sense in me doing it like my Jeep. I wanted it done "muscle" right! :)

·
Registered
341 Posts

Thumbs up!
Pics all ready :wavey:

·
Registered
693 Posts

Oh... I jumped right to your web sites, as I'm looking for something else to do for work. I have a long thread over on Expedition Portal ("Drifting Away") that started when I got back from Ohio on my last trip, IH Nationals 2011 (if you have not read that one, look for it here by that name). The only problem is it's so cold up there during the winter that your teeth would probably just crack if you leave your mouth open. Too bad...

I'm going to start a thread under Off Topic called Drifting Away as well. I have to start figuring out what to do. I just read in JPFreek issue #12 (Spring 2008) on page 36 about a woman at Sedona Jeep School who spends her days teaching people how to offroad. I would like to enlist people's help here.

Hijack off. Sorry...

·
Registered
37 Posts
ThePalmBeachYeti, your avatar looks so much like a mural of a Jeep I saw at a health food store here in Idaho it's ridiculous. Makes me wonder if you've ever been to Caldwell Idaho and snapped a pic at the Newko store.

·
Registered
341 Posts
No, I have not ever been, I never been to Idaho, my dog was from Idaho that's the only connection I can think of. LoL, Snap a pic this weekend would ya!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts